The Muslim Cancer Support Group is a community-based group of volunteers and cancer survivors whose mission is to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support to all who are touched by cancer.
- In person and over the phone to patients and their families who have been newly diagnosed with cancer.
- Newly diagnosed patients (and their families) can meet cancer survivors for support
- Private phone consultation with a Muslim oncologist if requested
- One-to-one patient support on a patient need basis.
- Volunteers in our group provide support such as cooking a fresh meal, driving to hospital appointments, visiting patients in the hospital, and assistance with funeral arrangements.
- Annual support of the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life (Scarborough) and Cricket for Cancer tournament
- Want to reinforce that cancer touches everyone and that Muslims are an active part of the larger Toronto community
Annual Awareness Forum:
- We hold an annual cancer awareness forum to create awareness for our work and to teach the Muslim community about cancer related issues around prevention and self-assessment techniques